WellFarrowing new standard in free-standing pigsty houses
Nooyen takes pig farming to the next level with WellFarrowing. This new housing system allows farrowing sows to move freely among their piglets.
Sow farmers can achieve the same technical results with WellFarrowing as in a standard farrowing pen when the Nooyen's Balance floor is installed. Compared to regular housing of maternity sows, even better results are achieved. The new WellFarrowing ensures more animal welfare and a higher profit! No reduction in results!
High piglet survival
The Nooyen WellFarrowing is the only free-range pigsty that automatically creates a difference in height between piglets and the sow when the sow is in upright posture. With this built-in, revolutionary Balance floor, virtually all newborn piglets survive and the crushing of piglets almost doesn’t occur with this system. The sow has to lies down to even out the height difference and piglets can drink safely and undisturbed with their mother. With WellFarrowing, breeders therefore opt for animal welfare and yield.
Hygiene and living comfort
WellFarrowing proves that hygiene and living comfort can be combined in a free-standing pigsty.
- Sows can move freely on a softly coated steel grid. More space to maneuver.
- Sows have a lot of grid, because the grid is somewhat compressible.
- Manure passage is optimal, because of an opening of more than 50 percent.
- Less knee injuries on the piglets due to the soft, smooth, coated floor.
- Less chance of infections. Piglets stay healthy.
- Easy to clean.
- Fast and safe inspection of piglets.
- Easy maintenance of good hygiene in the pens
‘With WellFarrowing by Nooyen I have all the tools to make free-range farrowing a success’
As in other European countries, there is a growing social need in Denmark for pig farming that takes even greater account of animal welfare. When Jacobsen faced a major investment in his sow farm, he deliberately opted for Nooyen's free-range farrowing pen, called WellFarrowing. "This housing allows sows to move around freely, while I can control piglet mortality."
Long service life and high fire resistance
Nooyen uses the best quality raw materials in the production process of the coated grids.
- Highly developed production process to ensure the high, constant and stable quality level.
- Long Lasting grids with remaining high technical results, even after several years of use.
- The coated grids also have a high fire resistance. Certified Euroclass Bfl-S1. Your safety is important for Nooyen.
- Easy and In short; With WellFarrowing farrowing pens you get high quality!
- Easy montage and labor saving for your convenience and well-being.
With WellFarrowing you buy guaranteed quality, well-being and profit.
- Available in Supercoated Woven Wire
- Minimal support 25 mm.
- Minimal installation height 80 mm.
- Dimensions of the Balance chasis 650 x 2200 mm.